I know most kids have already been back to school for a week or more by now. In our times, we'd still be waiting until after Labor Day to start.
Summer's over, though, and here is some back-to-school songs to soothe you students as you ease back into the grind.
5. "Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2" - Pink Floyd. Roger Waters remembering the punishments meted out at his boyhood boarding school came up with the chilling story lines and lyrics for this indictment of punishing education discipline. Remember, how can you have your pudding if you don't eat your meat?
4. "School Days" - Chuck Berry. It's been said that Chuck Berry invented rock and roll by infusing his great guitar playing into his St. Louis blues. Here's one of his classics about the rigors of being back in the classroom.
3. "Be True to Your School" - Beach Boys. High school might be a drag but when Friday nigh comes along, you've gotta be there for your team.
2. "Hot for Teacher" - Van Halen. Ever had a crush on your teacher? David Lee Roth did.
1. "Rock and Roll High School" - Ramones. Don't care about history? You just want to have some kicks and get some chicks? Well, the Ramones feel your pain. From the camp classic movie of the same name comes another great song by the Ramones.
Stop by the Musick Channel Garage Sale to pick up your own copy of some of our classic vinyl LPs. Click on the link, above, for more.
Copyright 2018 - All Rights Reserved